Leftover Celery Stuffing
Barely adapted from Jane Grigson 'Good Things'
- 150 grams onion around a medium size but anything between 100 and 180 grams will be fine...)
- 150 grams celery
- 50 grams unsalted butter
- 250 grams fresh breadcrumbs
- grated zst & juice of half a lemon
- 4 tablespoons parsley/tarragon/chervil/wild garlic
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper
- Chopping board and knife
- Saucepan with lid
- Mixing bowl
- Whisk/fork (for the egg)
- Optional: tray for baking stuffing, if not stuffing a chicken/turkey extra sunflower/ground nut oil for cooking
Melt the butter in the saucepan
Dice the onion and celery and add to the pan. Cook the onion and celery over a low heat for about 20 minutes until they are soft and translucent - do not let them brown.
Whilst the celery and onion are cooking, finely chop the herbs and whisk the egg.
When the food is cooked, remove the pan from the heat. Mix all the ingredients together. Season to taste.
Either stuff in the bird or roll into satsuma sized balls and bake, basting with oil from the roasting bird or, for vegetarians, a vegetable oil